Re: svn problem: Can you help me?

Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> wrote:

> What a cryptic error message for a "destination directory doesn't
> exist" error condition.

There are a number of similar situations (a directory not existing)
I've seen where subversion gives a misleading error message.  For
example, trying to svn switch to a non-existent directory results in
"Cannot replace a directory from within" -- hardly illuminating.
There are probably a few places where certain conditions manifest
themselves in ways that result in these odd messages.  Whenever I get
a cryptic message from subversion, the first thing I do is check for
typos, and the second thing I do is check to make sure all
prerequisites for whatever I'm trying to do have been satisfied.  That
might have caused you to notice the missing mkdir between your two svn
mv commands.  Just my $0.02.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>