Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:55:29 +0100, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> said:

> Le dimanche 29 janvier 2006 à 10:42 -0600, Manoj Srivastava a écrit
> :
>> I can see your logic skillz are on par with your language
>> skillz. Russ said it best already: once a language as heen
>> accepted, there is a measure of cost of change. It is not a my
>> language is bigger than your language -- it is a matter of doing a
>> cost benefit analysis.
>>
>> And yes, I do believe if someone can't handle the technical tasks
>> of Debian package management and systems integration (which
>> includes sticking to the current policy, or providing technical
>> rationale for why policy must be modified), they should indeed
>> leave package management to those who can. Not everyone needs to be
>> a DD.

> This is enough.

        So you want people who can not handle the technical tasks of
 Debian package management and systems integration  to continue to
 delude themselves and short change the users by sticking to their
 guns?

> I don't expect to get any apologies on this list, but I won't
> discuss anymore with people whose only arguments are insults.

        My arguments weren't _wholly_ insults.

> I'm not here to deal with your ego issues.

        Seems to me I am not the one with a bruised ego here.

        manoj

--
I'm not sure whether that's actually useful... Larry Wall in
<199710011704.KAA21395@wall.org>