Re: How to purge linux-image-2.6.14

* Anthony DeRobertis [Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:51:06 -0500]:

> BTW: I think sometimes packages do go strait from installed to purged on
> just remove... Not 100% sure if it even happens, but maybe its if there
> is no postrm script and no conffiles.

  Yes. From policy:

  6.7. Details of removal and/or configuration purging

    [...]

      3.   <postrm> remove

      4.   All the maintainer scripts except the `postrm' are removed.

            If we aren't purging the package we stop here.  Note that
            packages which have no `postrm' and no `conffile's are
            automatically purged when removed, as there is no difference
            except for the `dpkg' status.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.