Re: A great weekend for Debian

On 1/23/06, Amaya <amaya@debian.org> wrote:
> Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> > I think you're overly optimistic :-) Most of the simple RC bugs
> > (related to the xlibs-dev transition) have been fixed; there aren't 90
> > more like those.
>
> I got home from work and have second thoughts about the email I
> previously sent. I think I am a bit pissed off by this "simple RC bugs"
> statement. I don't personally care about my own credit, but I think the
> people who worked in this transition deserved the email Joseph Smidt
> sent and an acknowledgement for their work. Some of us have been barely
> doing anything else in our lives than this transition for 14 days.
>
> I am talking about Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt, Thomas Viehmann, Nico Golde,
> Steve Langasek, Victor Seva Lopez and Justin Pryzby, others I might not
> be aware of, and Moritz Muehlenhoff, who provided the script that helps
> find out the new Build-Depends.
>
> (...)

The point is that there are a lot of people in this project that loves
(or not) duelling banjos, cares (or not) about lesbians, uses Debian
and Ubuntu (or not) and keep considering that flamewars are a waste of
time and we still are about a *universal* operating system, that
involves "shut up and hack" sometimes and "be cool" in others.

Thanks Justin, Amaya and all the others involved in any transition or
just for you that keep your packages without RC bugs as much as you
can, or for you that look into the RC bug list and feel that you
should help.

Sometimes, it's really good feel that i'm less than 1/1000 of all this
and while i'm busy helping with something that i think is important
there are others working in others not less interesting tasks.

Etch is coming. :)

Thanks,
Gustavo Franco