Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:45:26 -0500, Christopher Martin
<chrsmrtn@debian.org> said:

> So let's start again. Let's say that someone tried put forward a new
> amendment in place of the old. This amendment makes clear its
> intention to assert the position of the Debian Project as viewing
> the GFDL, minus invariant sections, to be sufficiently free to meet
> the DFSG and be included in main. Would you accept the amendment?
> Given all my arguments in previous posts, would you require a
> supermajority for the amendment to pass?

        If you want to override the delegates decision that works
 licensed under the GFDL are incontrovertibly non-free, that is a
 separate GR.  We'll even fast track it to appear before this
 one. (This falls under determining which issues are the same and fall
 on the same ballot).

        manoj
--
I love dogs, but I hate Chihuahuas.  A Chihuahua isn't a dog.  It's a
rat with a thyroid problem.