Re: new mplayer 1.0pre7try2 package

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:

> On 10540 March 1977, Christian Marillat wrote:
>
>>> Contrast rte, where the ftpmasters told Marillat exactly what he needed to
>>> remove to get the package in Debian, and he didn't do it, and declared that
>>> he would keep uploading it.  Leaving *that* in limbo is totally reasonable.
>> I've *never* received any e-mail saying that.
>
> Rrrrrrrrright, you've got a list of reasons why it got rejected and half
> of that is still true.

I still don't see why rte can't enter in main, when ffmpeg is already
in main and does the same.

For the record rte is an mpeg encoder. Now from the ffmpeg package
0.cvs20050918-5.1 I see :

,----
| $ ffmpeg -formats | grep -i mpeg
| ffmpeg version CVS, build 3276800, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
|   configuration:  --build i486-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-zlib --enable-vorbis --enable-libogg --enable-theora --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-dc1394 --enable-libgsm --disable-debug --prefix=/usr
|   built on Jan 17 2006 23:46:35, gcc: 4.0.3 20060115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-7)
|   E dvd             MPEG2 PS format (DVD VOB)
|  DE m4v             raw MPEG4 video format
|  D  mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2 QuickTime/MPEG4 format
|   E mp2             MPEG audio layer 2
|  D  mp3             MPEG audio
|  DE mpeg            MPEG1 System format
|   E mpeg1video      MPEG video
|   E mpeg2video      MPEG2 video
|  DE mpegts          MPEG2 transport stream format
|  D  mpegvideo       MPEG video
|   E svcd            MPEG2 PS format (VOB)
|   E vcd             MPEG1 System format (VCD)
|   E vob             MPEG2 PS format (VOB)
|  DE yuv4mpegpipe    YUV4MPEG pipe format
|  DEVSDT mpeg1video
|  DEVSDT mpeg2video
|  DEVSDT mpeg4
|  D VSDT mpegvideo
|  DEVSD  msmpeg4
|  DEVSD  msmpeg4v1
|  DEVSD  msmpeg4v2
`----

D is for Decoding and E is for Encoding, so ffmpeg can encode in
mpeg1video and mpeg2video.

Christian