Re: Backports

* Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Norbert Tretkowski <norbert@tretkowski.de> [2006-01-19 17:02:03]:
> > * Joseph Smidt wrote:
> > > Do you think we will ever see backports officially supported by
> > > Debian?
> >
> > No.
>
> i remember a conversation where you pointed out some principal
> problems (security support, manpower) but in general were in favour
> of the idea and prefered fixing those. what happend?

Manpower is no longer a problem, thanks to Ganneff we're now using
dak, which means every Debian developer can upload his packages (but I
still need to manually add his gpg key to the backports.org keyring).

A while back, I talked with Joey about the required infrastructure to
provide security advisories, but until now I had no time to implement
it.

Norbert