Re: Need for launchpad

Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I looked at the patches for e2fsprogs, and I have to conclude that
> unfortunately, they patches are worse than useless.

Unfortunatly, it doesn't seem to help the situation in general to tell
Ubuntu this, although in specific cases raising a large enough stink
might result in some personal attention that results in some useful
patch for you.

> And on _top_ of that, we have all sorts of gratuitous autotools
> changes.

Be glad they didn't convert your package to use dbs, apply thousands on
lines of changes that were apparently taken from someone's diverging cvs
repository, but without any pointer to where the changes came from, or
file the resulting useless lump patch in the Debian BTS. All things that
Ubuntu has done for my packages.

--
see shy jo