Re: Debian Games Team

On 1/13/06, Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > > Can ome packaging can be done for non-free games?
> Seconded. This Debian user would be much better pleased by Debian's
> efforts going to improving the packaging and coordination of free
> software games.

I agree that free software is the priority, but I don't feel that
packaging efforts would be wasted. In any case some experience is
gathered and supporting games like Unreal Tournament, NWN, is not that
hard as they release more rarely than free ones, imho.

PS: I would love to have more free games like quake, but let's face
it, games still are majorly non-free land (I felt this the most when I
changed primary arch to ppc).

--
Regards,
EddyP