Re: bits from the release team

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 02:19:31PM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> udev has broken my system -- completely (as in: can't boot and/or log in) --
> _seven_ distinct times since this summer. How on you can claim that ALSA is
> worse, is beyond me :-)

That's why I said udev breakage is rather annoying. But according to
recent posts on linux-kernel, ALSA broke the kernel-user space ABI much
more often, and technically it is worse and harder to fix than a bug in
udev (even if it is less annoying because only sound breaks).

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences