Re: udev event completion order

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:19:30PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> 'just plug' is the watchword. New device model just needs a reboot - in
> some circumstances device numbering is random without hardware changes and
> without software changes.

So it exposes a bug more frequently than before. So why not fix the
bug instead of trying to paper over it forever? As a user, a disk
changing its name if I plug it to a different SATA connector that
happens to be connected to a different chip on the MB is _exactly_ the
same problem as the name change on a single reboot.

Any solution must work equally well for the "plugged in at a different
location" case or it is useless.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences