Re: How to Increase Contributions from Volunteers

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> I suspect a similar system for Debian might increase visibility and
>> commitment from a large set of users.
>
>         Lacking quality control of the input, I am not at all
>  convinced that this is desirable. You know the "old adage of computer
>  men", GIGO.

All the given examples (like secure-testing, d-i, debian-kernel and lots
of other Alioth projects) have far better precautions against crap
entering the archive than the traditional one-man-show approach. Peer
review through an svn-commits mailing list is the best that can happen
to a sub-project or package.

Cheers,
        Moritz