Re: How to Increase Contributions from Volunteers

* Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> [2006-01-02 22:26:46]:

> On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 10:02:34AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
>
> > there are parts that provide a much easier and smoother entry to
> > helping debian. The debian-installer, the inofficial security
> > team and debian-edu for example are groups that allow even
> > non-Debian-Developers to get their hands dirty and do real
> > (important, relevant) work easily. This seems to have to do with
> > the people who lead those sub-projects/effords.
> > It would make sense to provide contact information for those
> > parts of the project that try to incorporate new people actively.
>
> I'm part of, for example, cdd, debtags, pkg-italian (for Italians):
> they can be added to the list.

i did not mean to suggest that those were the only good projects
in debian which actively encourage participation by non-dds.

> I guess such a list would be faily big: in my experience, projects on
> Alioth are usually fairly open to non-DD contributions, and Alioth makes
> it easily possible.

so should we try to compile such a list and advertise it better,
perhaps from the startpage on www.debian.org?