Re: How to Increase Contributions from Volunteers

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 02:53:52PM +0200, Linas Zvirblis wrote:

> A hypothetical example: I decide to found a debian-geology team and I am
> not a Debian Developer. So what now? Should I help debian-med to become
> a DD? But I am not interested in medicine, I am interested in geology.

 1) Open a geology project on Alioth and do some work.
 2) Ask for someone to sponsor package uploads.

The usual sponsors are then likely to find it convenient to join the
Alioth project as helpers for uploads, even if they are not particularly
interested in geology.  In the meantime, you get used at working with
Debian and you are super-quick at passing NM.

Ciao,

Enrico