Re: buildd administration

Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:

> In article <[🔎] 867jafnukn.fsf@alhambra.kuesterei.ch> frank@debian.org writes:
>
>>- How can I get information from "inside" a buildd, e.g. temporary files
>>  created during a failed build.
>
> First pass answer: you can't.  sbuild (tries to) clean up after builds.
>
> Alternate: try to get a porter to redo the build and give you the desired
> info.
>
> Best: rewrite your build script to put the desired info into the build log.
> Instead of:
> 	foo >/tmp/foo 2>&1
> use:
> 	if foo >/tmp/foo 2>&1 ; then : ; else cat /tmp/foo ; exit 1 ; fi

Thanks, but I knew that. I should have specified the context:  What I
really meant was that during building of packages foo and bar, tetex-bin
was installed as a build-dep, and failed to configure.  The postinst
leaves a temporary file in /tmp if it fails, and this is the file I wanted.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich