Re: Intel notebooks for needy developers in developing countries

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Daniel Baumann wrote:

Why then being so complicated? If there is a candidate in a country
doomed by US export laws, 'export' the notebook first to someone other
and ship if afterwards to Cuba.

Well, this was my first idea as well.  Even if I absolutely not like
the kind of restrictions the company Intel is pressed under in a
non-free country I think we should not try to circumvent the rules
under that a generous offer was given.  So lets assemble a list first.
Wait what happens then.  If some of the top 20 persons would be removed
because of the rules of a non-free country prevent this lets try to
find an alternative in the free world and try to find a solution to
serve people who need a box to work for Debian will finally get a
box to work for Debian.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--