[🔎] b2cc26e40512051234s266d9c66l9dfa02f7001ac7cb@mail.gmail.com">news:[🔎] b2cc26e40512051234s266d9c66l9dfa02f7001ac7cb@mail.gmail.com...
> On 12/5/05, Ivan Adams <ivancho.b@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Example: (/etc/apt/sources.list)
>> deb http://ftp.en.debian.org/debian main stable contrib non-free
>> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian main stable contrib non-free
>>
>> in this case the stable packages will be ONLY downloaded from first
>> server
>> from the list ...
>
> And what is the problem?

This person is requesting parallel downloads from multiple servers. So
basicly during package download, if there are three full and up-to-date
mirrors in sources.list, there should be simulatious downloads of different
packages from all three different mirrors.
The concept is that in some cases this can noticable improve performance,
especially whith sites that bandwidth throtle, or have some other sort of
bottleneck.

Do you mean throttling at the mirror site? Or between the mirror and
the end-user?
Either. It is possible that a router could be throttling the flow rate to a network owned by annother company. Other possible cases are where a user has connections speeds higher than some of the servers. (for example, some rich user could have multi-T3). I'm not sure it is needed, but I do understand that in some cases such a feature may be usefull.

Now it is useless for users where the bottleneck is on their end.