Re: master's mail backlog and upgrade time

This one time, at band camp, Florian Weimer said:
> > On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 06:45:58PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >> So the best idea is indeed for
> >> downstream systems to have policies which are no more strict than
> >> upstream systems.
> >
> > Would it be possible for master to make call-outs to chiark ?
> > would that solve the problem ?
>
> I don't think so.  The rejections are mostly content-based, I guess.
> And DATA callouts are not really possible.
>
> There are two sane approaches here: block unwanted mail at master
> (especially for @debian.org mailbox you don't want to exist), and
> accept everything that does get through (only flagging spam, not
> rejecting it).
>
> I'm not sure if the first option has been implemented in the meantime.
> It shouldn't be too to do, now that master is running Exim 4, and once
> the desired semantics are clear.

Since allow_fail is set on the ldap_aliases router, it seems that all we need
is some way of letting users set their forward address to :fail: instead
of an email address.  I suppose the same scripts that let you reset your
forwarding address on db.debian.org could also have some interace that
made the address lookup fail.

Take care,