Re: Announcement: Common Power-Management Framework

Kevin Locke <kwl7@cornell.edu> wrote:

> However, I realize that the
> GNOME Power Manager[1], and likely a KDE equivalent, already handles
> several of the tasks normally associated with power-management, so
> perhaps there is no need for another program to be handling events.
>
> What are your (or anyone else's) thoughts about the value of a daemon to
> invoke scripts based on the power-related HAL events?  Is this
> unnecessary given the function of the GNOME Power Manager and
> equivalents, or would it have enough value to be worth implementing?

Anything that saves me from installing more of KDE and Gnome than a
couple of libraries is worth implementing.  I don't want to be forced to
use some "Configuration Tool" for this, much less if I need to install
some "menu bar" on my "Desktop" (I always delete directories with that
name) to be able to access it properly.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster