Re: ITP: ladder.app -- GNU Go frontend for GNUstep

Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> "The description should also give information about the significant
> dependencies and conflicts between this package and others, so that the
> user knows why these dependencies and conflicts have been declared."
> ---Debian Policy, Section 3.4

So, I see two options... either slavishly document your package's
dependency on libc6 too, or look through
grep-aptavail -s Description -F Description depends
and see how this line of policy is actually used and perhaps get some
indication of the reasoning beind it.

Some very good example of packages that mention their dependencies in
their descriptions include: build-essential, amarok-engines,
grandfatherclock, and ruby.

--
see shy jo