Re: Debian Installation process

(debian-user@lists.debian.org looks more appropriate. Please send
 followups there _and_ to me. debian-devel is for development issues
 and debian-user-french for user support issues in French.)

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 01:36:09PM +0200, Jean-Matthieu Buton wrote:

> We have just bought a brand news Dimension 5100 which contain a
> built-in Intel E100/V ethernet card.

> - While installing Debian La Sarge 3.1r0a the process did not
>    recognize any Network Ethernet card.
> We have tried several proposed driver : nothing.

Have you tried the e100 and eepro10 drivers?

> - While installing Debian La Sarge 3.1r0a the process tell us that
> some core modules are not available : ide-scsi (Linux IDE-SCSI
> emulation layer), ide-mod (Linux IDE driver), ide-prob-mod (Linux
> IDE prob driver), ide-detect (Linux IDE detection), ide-floppy
> (Linux IDE floppy)

> What does it mean ?

That at the moment it displays this message, it couldn't find these
modules. This may be normal or not, depending on what moment it
displays this message. Has the installation process already detected
your CD (or DVD) when it says that?