Re: Drop the minor release number

People,

On 2005-07-08 Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Counting numbers start at one.  The first update would be the second
> > release of etch.  So really it should be 4.1 for the first release of
> > etch and 4.2 for the second release and so on.
>
> Except that we're computer people, and we start counting at 0. Heck, we
> even had a DebConf0 back in 2000.

... start getting used to the version schema of TeX and Latex :-)

(TeX has an idiosyncratic version numbering system. Since version 3, updates
have been indicated by adding an extra digit at the end, so that the version
number asymptotically approaches . The current version is 3.141592.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version)

bye,

-christian-