Re: ftp-master, ftp and db .debian.org moving - hosting sought

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 08:05:21PM +0200, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> True. But for example, is the current apt-get capable of contacting
> another mirror if and only if the primary fails?

For package downloads apt will try the sources in the order listed in
sources.list, only trying subsequent ones if the first fails.  For
Packages downloads all the mirrors are hit each time, which is needed
anyway to handle the case where a mirror is serving files but not
updating.