Re: packages missing from sarge

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Adrian Bunk wrote:

Speaking as somebody who is quite unrelated to release issues (except
that I keep my packages bug free) I have some questions:

were at the correct severity and tagged correctly, your release
management is based on an assumption that isn't true.
Interesting statement but what is your suggestion to improve this?

And since you say the package maintainers were responsible for correct
bug severities:

How often does a quick NMU that gives a fast improvement in the RC
bugs metric hide the real problem that the maintainer is completely or
partially MIA?
Actually what is your opinion how to improve the QA process?

BTW: In case anyone of the release team takes the announced 30 May 2005
    release date (that already got some media coverage) seriously, I'd
    be glad to bet some some Euros against it...
What is the lesson whe should learn from this?

Just curious

           Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de