Re: packages missing from sarge

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 03:54:46AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Yes, it's called "garbage in, garbage out".  If people aren't going to file
> bugs at the proper severity, and if package maintainers aren't going to
> treat release-critical bugs with the appropriate urgency when they *are*
> filed at the wrong severity, there's no way in hell anyone is going to know
> there's a problem.
>
> It's not the metric that's broken here.

If your release management is based on the assumption all bugs in Debian
were at the correct severity and tagged correctly, your release
management is based on an assumption that isn't true.

See #302282 for an example where even you yourself tagged a bug wrongly
as "sid"...

And since you say the package maintainers were responsible for correct
bug severities:

How often does a quick NMU that gives a fast improvement in the RC
bugs metric hide the real problem that the maintainer is completely or
partially MIA?

> Steve Langasek

cu
Adrian

BTW: In case anyone of the release team takes the announced 30 May 2005
     release date (that already got some media coverage) seriously, I'd
     be glad to bet some some Euros against it...

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed