Debian AMD64 is Debian

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>>On Friday 06 May 2005 11:22am, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>
>>> Note: non-free is NOT provided yet. We need to decide what we do with
>>> it, as we may be forbidden to distribute some of the software in it (we
>>>aren't Debian).
>>>
>Not necessary. For 'sattrack' for example, I got permission for us to
>distribute it in Debian. But I don't know if that extends to
>Debian-AMD64 (an unofficial distribution) and Ubuntu would certainly
>have to ask for their own permission.

Actually, non-free is not Debian as well (as far as I recall), but all
of us consider it part of the Debian project. Honestly, I would consider
the AMD64 port part of the Debian project since it is a *port* and you
can find it at http://www.debian.org/ports/amd64/ . The only differences
between non-free and AMD64 non-free is that AMD64 is not part of the
Debian mirror network (ie. not officially part of Sid/Sarge).

Anyway, I think if package can be distributed by Debian, it can
implicitly be distributed by any of the Debian ports, released or not.

- Adam