Re: Questions about apt-get upgrade/install semantic

Martin Braure de Calignon schrieb:
> Daniel J. Axtens a écrit :
>

>>>and not
>>>"apt-get upgrade <package>"
>>>

>>Possibly because apt-get upgrade is used to upgrade the whole system,
>>not just one package. My guess is that the developers didn't want to
>>overload the upgrade command.
>>
>>HTH,
>>Daniel
>>

> Yes, ok for that. But when I want to upgrade a package, it is not really
> logical to use "install", because the package is already installed, no ?

If you think of "upgrading" as "installing the newest version" of a
package, then it becomes more logical IMO. You can specify the version
number of a package to be installed with "apt-get install
package=version", and without explicit version argument it's simply the
default behaviour to install the newest version.

HTH,
Guido