Re: [Pre-RFA] Intending to drop twenty-some packages

* Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> [2005-05-02 19:50]:
> | maintainer.  Should they be transferred to
> | pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org too?
>
> Not necessarily. They all are on their way out:
> I will file bug reports against ftp.debian.org for octave-ci and
> octave-matcompat once sarge is out.  Assuming that that will happen :)

OK, noted.

> | Great.  Seems most of the packages have been adopted now.
>
> Yes. My count got down from low-80s to 67 before three new R packages crept
> in.  70 is still insane given my workload and other stuff so I have to see
> what I'll do about that.  A lot of it is R though ...

Let's include a list of your packages in case someone sees something
they'd like to help out with:

abind -- GNU R abind multi-dimensional array combination function
acepack -- GNU R package for regression transformations
beancounter -- A stock portfolio performance monitoring tool
boot -- GNU R package for bootstrapping functions from Davison and Hinkley
car -- GNU R Companion to Applied Regression by John Fox
cluster -- GNU R package for cluster analysis by Rousseeuw et al
date -- GNU R package for date handling
dbd-odbc -- Perl5 module for an ODBC driver for DBI
design -- GNU R regression modeling strategies tools by Frank Harrell
effects -- GNU R graphical and tabular effects display for glm models
fbasics -- GNU R package for financial engineering -- fBasics
fcalendar -- GNU R package for financial engineering -- fCalendar
fextremes -- GNU R package for financial engineering -- fExtremes
finance-streamer -- Perl5 module with interface to Datek Streamer
finance-yahooquote -- Perl module for retrieving stock quotes from Yahoo! Finance
fmultivar -- GNU R package for financial engineering -- fMultivar
foptions -- GNU R package for financial engineering -- fOptions
foreign -- GNU R package to read/write data from other stat. systems
fportfolio -- GNU R package for financial engineering -- fPortfolio
fseries -- GNU R package for financial engineering -- fSeries
ggobi -- Data visualization system for high-dimensional data
gregmisc -- GNU R package with miscellaneous functions by Greg Warnes et al
gretl -- The GNU Regression, Econometric & Time-Series Library -- development package
gsl -- GNU Scientific Library (GSL) -- development package
gsl-ref-html -- GNU Scientific Library (GSL) Reference Manual in html
gsl-ref-psdoc -- GNU Scientific Library (GSL) Reference Manual in postscript
gtkdevice -- GNU R Gtk device driver package
hmisc -- GNU R miscellaneous functions by Frank Harrell
its -- GNU R package for handling irregular time series
kernsmooth -- GNU R package for kernel smoothing and density estimation
lattice -- GNU R package for 'Trellis' graphics
linuxtrade -- A real-time stock market tracker and news console
lmtest -- GNU R package for diagnostic checking in linear models
mgcv -- GNU R package for multiple parameter smoothing estimation
multcomp -- GNU R package for multiple comparison procedures
mvtnorm -- GNU R package to compute multivariate Normal and T distributions
nlme -- GNU R package for (non-)linear mixed effects models
octave-ci -- Contributed functions for the GNU Octave language
octave-matcompat -- Empty transition package for octave-forge
octave2.0 -- Static libraries for the GNU Octave language (2.0 branch)
quadprog -- GNU R package for solving quadratic programming problems
quantlib -- Quantitative Finance Library -- example binaries
quantlib-python -- Python bindings for the Quantlib Quantitative Finance library
quantlib-refman -- Quantitative Finance Library -- reference manual
quantlib-refman-html -- Quantitative Finance Library -- reference manual in html
quantlib-ruby -- Ruby bindings for the Quantlib Quantitative Finance library
r-zoo -- GNU R package for totally ordered indexed observations
rcmdr -- GNU R platform-independent basic-statistics GUI
relimp -- GNU R package for inference on relative importance of regressors
repostools -- GNU R set of tools to interface and construct R repositories
rggobi -- GNU R package for the GGobi data visualization system
rgl -- GNU R package for three-dimensional visualisation using OpenGL
rgtk -- GNU R binding for Gtk
rmpi -- GNU R package interfacing MPI libraries for distributed computing
rodbc -- GNU R package for ODBC database access
rpart -- GNU R package for recursive partitioning and regression trees
rpvm -- GNU R package interfacing PVM libraries for distributed computing
rpy -- Python interface to the GNU R language and environment
rquantlib -- GNU R package interfacing the QuantLib finance library
rsprng -- GNU R interface to SPRNG (Scalable Parallel RNGs)
sandwich -- GNU R package for model-robust standard error estimates
sm -- GNU R package for kernel smoothing methods
smtm -- Show Me The Money is a configurable Perl/Tk stock ticker program
snow -- GNU R package for 'simple network of workstations'
sprng -- The SPRNG Scalable Parallel RNG library -- documentation package
strucchange -- GNU R package for structural change regression estimation
survival -- GNU R package for survival analysis
tkrplot -- GNU R embedded Tk plotting device package
tob -- Small yet powerful program for tape oriented backups
tseries -- GNU R package for time-series analysis and comp. finance
vr -- GNU R package accompanying the Venables and Ripley book on S
xgobi -- Migration dummy / pseudo package for xgobi -> ggobi transitioin
xgobi-doc -- Interactive dynamic data visualization program -- Papers

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/