Re: [Pre-RFA] Intending to drop twenty-some packages

* Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> [2005-02-03 21:03]:
> | Did you keep track which packages have been spoken for and for which
> | you still need to file RFA or O reports?

Let's make another round.

> | * the Octave complex
> -- is now in the hands on the pkg-octave-devel group with octave2.1 as the
> first (and only, so far) release. Thanks to Rafael for organising and
> spear-heading this.

I see that octave-ci, octave-matcompat and octave2.0 still list you as
maintainer.  Should they be transferred to
pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org too?

> | * the gsl set:
>
> -- is still mine though Bas Zoetekouw indicated that he would like to help. I
> think I got Chris Steigies to agree to help too.

Looking at gsl itself, I can see neither of their names.  Have they
done any work and can they maybe do an upload fixing some bugs and
adding themselves as uploaders?

> | * the Perl "spreadsheet" complex:
> -- was picked up en bloc by Gunnar Wolf, and already uploaded. Thanks, Gunnar!

OK.

> | * other Perl packages:
> |   - dbd-odbc
> |   - finance-streamer
> |   - inline-octave [ related to Octave ]
> |   - math-numbercruncher
> |   - statistics-descriptive
> Still up for grabs. Only dbd-octave had upstream releases lately -- and
> should find a new home. The others are more esoteric. If it gets too bad I
> can always orphan them later.

inline-octave has been adopted by the Octave group, and
libmath-numbercruncher and libstatistics-descriptive-perl by the Perl
group.  Maybe you can file RFAs for finance-streamer and dbd-odbc?

> | * bc (with binary packages bc and dc)
> -- picked up with an immediate upload by John Hasler. Thanks, John!

OK.

> | * Miscellaneous
> |   - afio  (2 open bugs, active upstream, pretty straightforward)
> Picked up Erik Schanze who already uploaded a new package with several
> patches that have since been blessed upstream. Thanks, Erik!

OK.

> |   - time (dead upstream)
> -- picked up by Tollef (no new upload yet). Thanks, Tollef!

OK (uploaded in the meantime).

> |   - tob (fairly dead upstream despite CPR and a new upstream author recently)
> -- still mine, but not that much work.

OK.

> |   - wajig (very active upstream, and well maintained upstream)
> -- now officially Grahams, and I sponsor him -- Thanks, Graham!. Effectively,
> that is what have done for the last one or two years anyway. (Graham is not a

OK.

Great.  Seems most of the packages have been adopted now.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/