Re: PHP/WebApp policy/mailing list

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 01:33:08PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Eh, because you believe a new lists.d.o list could take a bit of delay,
> an alioth list is better?
>
> Sorry, but I don't agree with the reasoning -- lists.debian.org is for
> general discussion lists, while alioth is more for packaging-specific
> projects or for new projects that haven't gone anywhere yet.

well, given that there will most likely result a package or two from the
discussion, as well as a policy (hopefully :), and both of which will
need some kind of working repository to which we all have access, it
would make sense to start up an alioth project anyway.  and while we're
waiting for the debian-webapp (or whatever name we decide on) mailing
list at l.d.o, we could also have somewhere to talk.  later, we could
move en masse to l.d.o list when we have it and leave the project just
for the packaging/policy repository.

so, that said, i'm going to go ahead and apply for an alioth project
for the packaging related stuff, as i was planning on doing so anyway.
if folks wouldn't mind a list hosted there, i can set it up.

	sean