Re: debram and packages temporarily absent from sarge

Hi Thaddeus,

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:48:16PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> This mail is somewhat lengthy, and most of you do not
> need to read it.  You want to read this mail if you
> maintain packages which (as of 2 April) sarge
> temporarily lacks.  These are packages which used to be
> in sarge and still have hope to join the official sarge
> release but, for whatever reason (probably RC bugs), are
> not in sarge at the moment.  If you do not have this
> problem, you can safely skip this mail.

> On Thursday night, I intend to update debram-data for
> the last time before the freeze, purging metadata on all
> binaries not in sarge main (i386) 2 April.

I'm puzzled as to what the rationale would be here.  Is the package so large
that you need to trim metadata for packages that aren't currently in
testing?  Wouldn't you want the debram shipping with sarge to be maximally
useful with packages in etch/sid?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek