Re: How to find out why a package was removed from testing?

Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:00:19PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Is it not usual practice to send a note about this to the bug?  I think
>> this would be a good idea, both for documentation purposes, and to wake
>> up lazy maintainers.
>
> No, maintainers have to know about there bugs. And RC bugs with this
> amount of time need some reaction.

Well, the point is that I thought about doing an NMU.  However, I don't
feel like digging into the problem if the package was removed for an
unrelated reason which I cannot change (like dead upstream, better
replacement available).  This is why I think it would be good to send a
note to the bug log.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster