Re: How to handle unreproducible RC bugs when the submitter is MIA?

Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>  That is, if the package
> isn't unusable by everyone (if the bug only affects some users) then the
> bug is not grave.
>
> If the bug is unreproducible then it can't be the case that the package is
> unusable to everyone.  So I'd say that a downgrade is justified.

Well, maybe it is "only" serious (bugs in maintainer scripts are a
policy violation), or maybe it is in fact only important.  But it's hard
to find out.

And I would not be too surprised if it turned out to be a bug in a
different package, some package rarely installed with auctex or other
Emacs add-ons that rely on similar features (auctex runs its configure
script from the maintainer script).  And in this case I think it would
be a serious bug in that other package.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster