Re: Who could be able to help SW vendors to support Debian?

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:46:19PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

> With the proviso that static linking against libc6 is more likely to
> introduce ABI problems via nss than just dynamically linking against an old
> libc6 ABI (i.e., GLIBC_2.0 or GLIBC_2.1).

Not to mention the LGPL too.  Static linking against glibc is strongly
disrecommended by upstream.

For user space apps the dynamic interface to glibc is probably a better
target to aim for than the kernel - it's offering pretty much the same
level of ABI stability and is much less hassle.