Re: New stable version after Sarge

On 10-Jan-05, 16:47 (CST), Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
> On the other hand -- we need to decide whether we want time-based
> releases.  Other projects have had great successes with them, but they
> might not be right for Debian.

Of course, those other projects don't have worry about 15 *other*
project release schedules.

Which is just to say that if we did do something like "Freeze May 1,
Release July 31" (to pick dates completely out of the air), there's
bound to be some projects that release major upgrades on June 1, and who
will miss the boat for that year's Debian. If we're not willing to be
completely hard-ass about that kind of situation, then there's no point
in even attempting to go down that road.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net