Re: Experimental gaim_1.1.1-2 for Alpha

Scripsit Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
> * Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2005-01-05 15:12]:

>> Be careful: in general, you should *not* sign changes files for
>> packages that are not intended to be included in the Debian archive.
>> Once the changes file is signed, anyone can upload your package to
>> the Debian archive whether that was your intent or not.

> Greg doesn't appear to be a Debian developer so neither of this
> applies.

But if he later *does* become a DD, the archive scripts might
retroactively accept his old changes file if somebody uploaded it,
wouldn't they?  (I'd be surprised if they checked the creation date of
the signature, but things sometimes do surprise me).

Here I ignore the fact that a newer version would probably be in the
archive by then, for this particular package at least.

> The first paragraph is good advice in general, though.

Does it also apply to signing .dsc's?

--
Henning Makholm                "He who joyfully eats soup has already earned
                            my contempt. He has been given teeth by mistake,