Re: GtkMozEmbed with Firefox not Mozilla

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:08:03PM -0500, Eric Dorland wrote:
> * William Ballard (nospam_40811@alltel.net) wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 08:44:05AM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> > > mozilla-dev depends on mozilla-browser, but not mozilla.
> >
> > mozilla-browser is 30 megabytes and duplicates the vast majority of
> > firefox
>
> So every program that uses MozEmbed needs two versions, one compiled
> against mozilla and one compiled against firefox?

No.  That's why you have virtual packages.  Just like every program
that depends on a java2-runtime doesn't have multiple versions.

I think that a very large part of mozilla is probably just the
"libraries" and you'd still have a great deal of duplication.
The mozilla or firefox binary is probably only a very thin wrapper
around the libraries; that's what iexplore.exe is.