Re: Status of Kernel 2.4.28 packages?

On 02-Jan-05, 15:54 (CST), Stephan Niemz <st.n@gmx.net> wrote:
> By the way, is there a guide somewhere telling how to switch an
> "unstable" system from 2.4 to 2.6?

apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.<whatever>

Seriously, that Worked For Me. It wasn't a big deal.

However, as usual, "It depends": If you're running LVM or EVMS, you'll
need the appropriate updated user-space toolset. If you're *booting* off
an LVM or EVMS volume, it becomes much harder, I think.

Converting to udev is an additional step, and caused me a lot more
work than the basic 2.6 upgrade (mostly getting my head around it, and
converting from usbmgr).

Steve
--
Steve Greenland