Re: Status of Kernel 2.4.28 packages?

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 07:37:59PM +0100, Stephan Niemz wrote:
>     The kernel version 2.4.28 is out for almost seven weeks now.
> Does anybody know about the status of the corresponding Debian
> packages?  And is there an estimation for when the kernel-patch-*
> packages will support the new kernel version?

There's an unfinished 2.4.28 kernel-source package in the debian-kernel
SVN repository.

For me and several other members of the debian kernel team 2.4 packages
have been a much lower priority than 2.6 packages.  Given that and that
sarge will release with 2.4.27 anyway I'm not sure when a 2.4.28 package
will get into unstable.

Any reason you're not using 2.6 kernels?