Re: Happy new year 2003

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:50:52 +0100, Jean-Luc Picard <jlpicard@hotmail.fr> wrote:
> yes, debian is still 2 years late to any other distro.

If you're sleeping since Woody release, we're! Good morning Jean-Luc,
for your information:

- There' s a new Debian installer[0] that will be used in the upcoming
release, called Sarge;
- Some awards[1] since then;
- It seems that our infrastructure and QA matters[2];

[0] = http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer
[1] = http://www.debian.org/misc/awards
[2] = http://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros

There' s much more but i hope it' s enough to anyone sleeping for two
years see that Debian isn't `too late`. It' s far away from state of
art but the majority of work is being done by volunteers and without
it you wouldn't be booting knoppix, ubuntu and others!

--
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@acm.org>