Re: Your Confirmation Required

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 05:35:33PM +0100, Simon Richter wrote:

> Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> >What's the chance of someone owning a domain with the intended use of
> >sending out Islamic preaches in eight different languages would be
> >interested in subscribing to -devel with an email address in that
> >domain?

> Yet the proper response may be to tell them that someone has been
> abusing their service and that it may be in their interest to implement
> something so that it can be detected who did it.

I've actually already had one conversation with them about the fact that
their site was allowing subscriptions without confirmation.  Now the site
requires confirmations, and someone's apparently still confirming the damn
things.  It's been suggested that this may be happening wholly automatically
through link spiders, though, which I hadn't thought of initially; so yeah,
it'd be good to either have abuse headers to track, or (probably easier)
just blacklist the domain...