Re: Remove an ITP

Claudio Moratti <maxer@knio.it> wrote:

> Hi *
>
> I sent, some time ago, two ITPs: vamps (#320067) and k9copy (#320045)...
>
> Packages are ready, but vamps can not enter in Debian, because the upstream
> author don't want to make public his real identity (now in debian/copyright
> I've a "Vamps Admin <email>", but this solution does not follow the Debian
> Policy....

Why do you think this would violate the policy?  Of course we must have
a clear indication that the person who put a "This is licensed under
FOO" into the files is actually the one who wrote the code; but I can't
see how this is less or more guaranteed in your case compared to any
freshmeat/sourceforge/whatever download; they don't require to check
your ID card, let alone sign keys or whatever.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich