Re: c2a transition: libraries still needing transition

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

>   aqsis

It would be nice if whoever uploads this could also address #324025
(64-bit FTBFS, patch available).

> It would be very nice to finish these off.  Once all these libraries are
> transitioned, the remaining C++ programs using the old ABI can be queued for
> automatic binNMUs by the release team, so these are the only source uploads
> still needed just for the transition (not including uploads to fix FTBFSes,
> RC bugs, etc.)

It's not quite that simple, as some applications will also need
sourceful uploads because tight dependencies between binary-all and
binary-arch packages yielded broken binNMUs:

  cinepaint
  kgeography
  pingus

(maybe others, those are just the ones I've run into that haven't been
fixed yet).  Surprisingly, only pingus has a bug open about the matter
(#342231).

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.