Re: /run vs. /lib/run

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 10:09:43PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> The other aspect is that /var's the place for stuff that varies during
> normal use; introducing some other place for the same thing is redundant
> and thus more complex.

The more I think about it, the usage of /run matches /tmp much better
than /var. It is for _temporary_ storage until a better place becomes
available.

If you want to tweak the boot process, then tweaking the mounting of
/tmp seems better than tweaking the mounting of /var.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences