Re: /run vs /var/run (was: Please test new sysvinit)

Le lundi 19 décembre 2005 à 18:45 +0100, Marco d'Itri a écrit :
> On Dec 19, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > > Debian guarantees that it exists on debian systems.
> > No, we don't.  We guarantee it exists on Sarge.  It may or may not exist in
> > Etch and Sid in the future.
> If we use it then it's reasonable to assume that we would not suddenly
> remove it from a future release.

Of course, if we start using this filesystem for random purposes that
have nothing to do with the reason it was created first, we couldn't
remove it if the shared memory implementation is changed. Then we'd have
to stick with a stupid filesystem that would require a transition to get
rid of.

Following your line of reasoning, we could put all files in the root
directory. After all, do we really need to follow the FHS?