Re: /run vs /var/run (was: Please test new sysvinit)

Anthony Towns wrote:
> A possible concern is people seeing /run and thinking "ah, there's a
> directory I can use for stuff", and having it be used instead of
> /var/run or $TMPDIR or /var/lib or /var/cache for things it's not
> appropriate for.

I think that everyone agrees that /run is to be used only for those very
few purposes for which /var/run cannot be used.  If there are worries
about abuse then I would suggest the addition of a sentence to Policy
forbidding such abuse.
--
Thomas Hood