Re: switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Will it work fine over a serial console?

Yes, vim works fine over a serial console. You might want to turn off
part of the status line if using it at less than 9600 baud.

> Is it fine for ex-Solaris/HP-UX
> /AIX admins who may have got used to nvi?

I imagine they might have gotten used to non-bash shells too; I don't
think the goal of Debian is to exactly replicate those systems, and we
should instead strive to pick default unix tools that are the commonly
recognised best of breed today.

see shy jo