Re: Size matters. Debian binary package stats

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 12:34:56PM +0100, Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> I've run some scripts to find out the size of binary pakcages in debian
> and how theycould be made smaller, here's the results:

My comments are about the same as on IRC:

  - Disk space is cheap, bandwidth is cheap.
  - CPU doesn't grow nearly as fast as those three.
  - Human power grows even slower.
  - The administrative overhead of transitioning to a new .deb format
    would be huge.

Thus, anything sacrificing lots of human power and CPU power to save on disk
or bandwidth just doesn't make sense.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/