Re: gtkpod and Filesystem

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>> a bug in gtkpod or the kernel (FS Panic).
>>Maybe an FS error on your iPod? Did you try to reformat or dosfsck it?
> Even then, the filesystem code should handle corrupt filesystems more
> gracefully.

Mh, what's "more gracefully" in the light of fs corruption? The driver just
blocked write access to avoid further damage caused by writing to an
inconsistent file system which sound perfectly reasonable to me. Writing to
a corrupted fs could cause anything to it, depending on the corruption, so
better act safe than sorry...

Greetings,

  Gunter