Re: apt PARALLELISM

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Dec 12, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> > > use more than a single server by itself... I didn't think it common practice
> > > for large mirror to configure multi-megabyte windows...
> > TCP/IP windows?  Or user bw shaping?
> He means the TCP window size, and it *is* common practice for large
> mirrors to tune it.

Yeah, thought so.  We certainly tune TCP/IP (and just about everything else)
in all fileservers here for maximum throughput, be it over http, ftp, CIFS
or NFS.  If there is a reason to shape bandwidth, it is done through other
means at the outbond QoS shaper.  That's why I found it strange that he
asked about multi-megabyte windows.

  Henrique Holschuh